Thursday, December 16, 2010

A year round wreath....

I had bought this wreath with the intention of decorating it for Christmas.



Inspired by this beautiful idea:

Tutorial can be found here

However the other day I was looking through my fabric stash and found this beautiful apricot colored satin trim.  It once belonged to a blanket that I cut up to make more of my owlies.  I took the trim and wrapped it around the wreath.  Kept it all in place with some white dressmaking pins.  I then cut up some felt butterflies in a matching apricot color and also used pins to keep them in place.  Finally,  I used the pages of an old book I found during a recent council clean up.  A paper punch used to give them their shape.  Here is the finished wreath:





It now decorates our apartment door.




It only took me less than 15 minutes and really cost $2.99 for the wreath as everything else I had here at home.  

ps:  Dear Santa....If you are reading this post....please I would love love love one of these for Christmas.   As my mobile phone camera no longer does it for me.  


1 comment:

  1. How funny - my husband and I are thinking of getting this one -

    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx30_is

    as our Christmas gift to each other, although we probably won't buy it until after Christmas

    Btw, nice wreath!

    ReplyDelete