Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fashions of 1981 and all that make up......


Recently Martino came home with a bag filled with sewing patterns. A conversation with a cafe customer (who happens to be a professional dressmaker) resulted in the kind lady gifting me all sorts of patterns and instruction books.  Fashions from 1981, which although are a little questionable, would help me learn the basics of sewing clothing for myself.  So the deal is for some time, I have been watching hours of online tutorials and experimenting with mini versions of dresses and tops (using fabric from thrift store finds) all in the quest to sew pieces for myself.  At the same time I am getting used to the all the stitches and different sewing feet of my new machine.  So these patterns have come at the perfect time as now I have even more information and tips that are simple in their construction allowing me to move towards to finally cutting into real fabric pieces.   Its a little scary - but very exciting!!

Before I do tho, I wanted to share with you the fashions - clothing, hair and make up of 1981/1982.....

shoulder pads - check / big hair - check / over sized dresses and awkward stares....and check!
Culottes - remember them?

A party in your pants!! hahaha


Bed jacket?  really.....and all I can manage is a tshirt. I would be wayyy under dressed for bed in the 80's!

the front view was not included in this pattern.  very odd.....but allows for much self expression..



Ok the pictures might not be very fashion forward, but the wealth of information contained in these patterns is very useful to me. So let the fashion creations begin........


1 comment:

  1. I saw your owl softie post on refashion co-op. I LOVED it. I do that stuff too, but you have a better stack of cute fabrics. My refashions so far have been a few tshirts and a mans shirt.

    ReplyDelete