Monday, March 5, 2012

Back to Crafty Blogging for 2012......


I missed this little blog.

Having been away from it for almost 3 months has been a nice break.   A time where I have been able to take in new experiences and knowledge as well as reassess the things that are important to me.

There is so much awesomeness out there that I want to share (and I do miss sharing).  Every day I am amazed by the very talented, thrifty, funny, generous and creative people I come across.   So in the spirit of sharing....Craftyclaudes blog resumes its normal schedule starting......now :-)

Incorporating my project from 2011 (1 photo a day )  I now share with you some of what I have been up to in the last 3 months:

Watching Sunsets.....the colours, smells and sounds of the daylight coming to an end always stops me in my tracks.  


Making tissue paper pom poms and other paper decorations for the wedding of A + F.  Thank you pinking shears, jewelry wire and fishing line - all things I have collected over many years of different crafty pursuits.


Learning to sew my own clothes.  I have thought about making pieces from patterns, however, I still find it difficult to read those things.  So with my very basic sewing knowledge (from Year 8 High school) and tonnes of sewing tutorials online, I am giving it a go.   Started by copying pieces I already have in my wardrobe.  The finished  pieces coming to my blog as soon as I finish them....you just cant rush these things ;-)


As well as making pieces from scratch, I am also getting into a little Refashioning.  Taking existing pieces that may no longer do it for me (in the fashion sense) and a little cut here, a bit of a sew there and voila!  a new refashioned piece is born.   There are many many people to draw inspiration from online.  Some clever ladies refashioning 1 piece a day!  that is very impressive.   Who knew grandmas old frumpy dress could turn into very fashion forward pieces.    Will be sharing lots of before and afters from the refashion world.


Playing with my new sewing machine.   It was time for an upgrade.  The trusty dinosaur (my mums old Singer) was a real workhorse but for a few years now, her rattling bones were begging to be retired.   This new machine has 40 stitches, automatic needle threader and a light!  A light people!   because sometimes its the little things that make the biggest difference.



Growing an edible garden in our little balcony.   Learning about organic and seasonal plants, soil composition, worm wee and other fascinating plant facts.   Encouraged by many people online growing their plants in the tiniest spaces and in the most unfavorable conditions with surprising results.  It has been very inspiring.  So far we have lettuce, garlic, habanero chillies, coriander, basil, chives and spearmint.  All growing nicely in pots and giving our balcony some colour and our taste buds a treat!  as there is nothing more rewarding than sitting down to a meal that has even just 1 ingredient that you helped to grow.  





Thats all for now but I look forward to sharing lots more ......

xo
claudes

ps - I miss you all my online blog friends.  Thank you for keeping in touch and for wondering where I and my Facebook page went to.  For the moment I am only keeping the blog going as all other social media takes a little more time to keep up with.   I remain inspired by all your blogs and hope that I get to add a little bit of "I will try that"  to your day as you have done to mine  :-)


4 comments:

  1. glad to see you're back - can't wait to see more of what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Look forward to sharing lots :-)

      Delete
  2. Something told me to google your blog tonight and I did - welcome back! Glad you're back to sharing, something we are working on having more of in the world ;) xox

    ReplyDelete