Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Give it a go: Blind Contour Sketching

Yesterday I was reading about an artist named Ian Sklarsky and his use of an old drawing technique called Blind Contour Sketching (or Drawing). The technique requires you to look at your subject and draw them without looking at your paper or lifting your pen. Here is an example of his work:


So I decided to give it a go myself.  My subject (Martino) reluctantly posed for me.   He really should not have worried because quite clearly, I did a stellar job in capturing his likeness:

And before you ask....no...I don't live with a lumberjack or the elephant man!   haha....
I thought this was a quick and fun challenge.  I can also say wholeheartedly that drawing is not my strong point.

To see more of his work click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment