Saturday, September 11, 2010

Felt project # 1 - Bright bright birdies.....

This little birdie grew from a small drawing I once did when on the phone.  I guess you could call it a doodle.   A few months ago after playing around with some bright colored felt and wondering what my next creation could be I decided to go with the little birds.   I designed a basic pattern and got to work cutting and sewing - what I love best! ...... I will turn these little birdies into some hanging decorations. I really enjoyed making these as they allow me to incorporate lots of my favorite things,  bright felt colors, seed beads, embroidery thread and some ribbon.

I am now working on a whole bunch of them - as many as I can sew by an October deadline that has been set.   These birdies make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment