Thursday, September 23, 2010

Freshness from the net....September

When not creating, I spend probably more time than I really should on the net. Its my time where I get to indulge in a nice cuppa and also the various design and crafty blogs, websites and online stores I have book marked.   I am a big fan of the Internet.  I love that I can be sitting in our little apartment in Sydney and reading about a great new sustainable home being built in Northern Spain or view photos of the opening night of an art exhibition in Chelsea NYC.   Even more exciting is the fact that once you subscribe to a newsletter of your favourite site, the information comes to you instantly. A great way to keep up to date and inspired.  Art in its many forms is being created all around the world every minute of the day.  With the Internet it all comes to you, whilst you sip your favourite drink!

Here are a couple of interesting finds from my subscriptions:

From Fresh Home.  Artist Mike Stilkey  .  An American artist who with the use of pencils, paint, pens and lacquer creates these beautiful works of art on books.


From Apartment Therapy - a sweet chair before and after - and all for $20!!


A little felted gold fish from Asher Jasper's Etsy shop.

  


From Design* Sponge -  A market bag DIY makeover.  Take one ordinary looking shopping tote.  Add some fabric, buttons and other embellishments and tadaaaa - a funky, one of a kind bag a girl would be proud to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment