|2010 - say hello to 2011....|
For my 2011 diary, I have decided to dip into my fabric scraps to create a fabric diary cover. There are some great tutorials all over the net to help you get started if you wish to sew one. However, a lot of the tutorials I came across involved much measuring, pining, sewing and using things like interface - which I don't have. I also get to use one of my absolute favourite craft material - double sided tape. Double Sided tape is so easy to use, very forgiving if mistakes are made and also stays very strong.
Here is my step-by-step guide on creating a very quick and fab looking fabric cover:
You will need:
- Diary of your choice (hard cover preferable but not essential)
- 1 piece of fabric (enough to cover the diary with a 3cm seam all the way around)
- Fabric scraps in your choice of color (I chose cotton, both printed and plain, as well as printed linen)
- Double sided tape
- 2 pieces of card stock in your choice of color
- sewing machine and thread in your choice of color
|Step 2: Place your chosen fabric scraps on top of the bigger piece of fabric. Arrange in the design of your choice and pin in place.|
|Step 3 - Head over to your sewing machine and sew the pieces in place. I used a zig zag stitch and went in a crazy pattern. It is totally up to you on how neat you want to keep this step. I chose to go wild stylee!|
|Step 5 - Using your chosen card stock, measure and cut a piece large enough to cover up the inside flap. You can use as much double sided tape as you like to secure this card stock to the inside.|
|Tadaaaa! Here is the diary all covered in pretty fabric - ready for 2011 adventures|
|Inside cover of the diary - hiding all sorts of messiness!|
Happy Monday everyone!